Taiwan train blast injures 21 people
Taipei: A blast inside the Taipei commuter train in Taiwan on Thursday leaves behind at least 21 people injured, reported a local TV channel.
The complete incident:
- A blast was reported at around 10.00 pm (local time) in the sixth carriage of a commuter train
- Blast caused a small fire that left the carriage into darkness
- Reports also said that there were three explosions heard
- Eyewitnesses say that they saw a man in his 40s carrying a black rectangle-shaped object onto the train
- National Police Agency Director General Chen Kuo-en said that blast was caused by a "firecracker-like device"
- The government has set up an emergency taskforce to probe the cause of blast