Bomb explosion in Afghanistan capital claims 20 lives
Kabul: Over 20 people were killed and several others injured in a car bomb explosion in Afghani capital of Kabul on Tuesday morning. The attack targeted the office of a security team which works to protect the government's VIPs.
- Blast took place around 0900 hours.
- Explosion was caused by Suicide car bomber, said Sediq Sediqi (Interior Ministry Spokesperson).
- The responsibility of the attack was claimed by Afghan Taliban.
- According to the statement," Firstly a Suicide bomber blew up his explosives on laden lorry on the gate of the department and then other armed attackers went in and started shooting on the rest of the enemies".
- The explosion took place near U.S Embassy in Kabul.
- According to the official, the embassy was unaffected by the explosion.