Jacob Juma, a controversial businessman shot dead
Nairobi: Controversial businessman Jacob Juma was shot dead by some unknown persons while driving past Lenana School on Thursday night. His car had around 10 bullet holes. According to Nairobi CID boss Ireri Kamwende," Jacob was driving from his bar at around 9.30pm when he was shot by gunmen who escaped on a motorbike".
- The 42-year-old ventured into business after studying at the University of Nairobi.
- After study he was vocal on political issues and severally bashed the government.
- Jacob allegedly declined to pay a bribe demanded by Former Mining Cabinet Secretary Najib Balala for claiming his mining license.
- Balala termed the allegations as malicious.
- Jacob also refused to apologise to Supreme court judge Njoki Ndung'u for claiming she received money alongside Justice Philip Tunoi. Ndung’u refuted the claims.