Shame: Officials disposed what Modi proposed to 'Divyangs'
Varanasi: The tricycles meant to be distributed to 'Divyangs' by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his parliamentary constituency of Varanasi on January 22 last were found rusting in the sunlight and rains since then.
As well-publicised event during his visit , PM Modi was to distribute as many as 9696 tricycles to ‘Divyangs’ Few of the tricycles had been distributed in a symbolic way in a ceremony at Diesel Locomotive Workshop (DLW) in Varanasi on January 22 while the remaining ones were scheduled to be given later. It never happened as the PM left the City and the tricycles are lying undistributed.
- The Prime Minister was highly praised for this step being taken.
- The tricycles worth lakhs of rupees are dumped as scrap lying unattended in the open.
- The tricycles are kept exposed to sunlight and rain.
- All the ‘Divyang’ beneficiaries underwent a registration process.
- Distributors were supposed to reach the targeted localities and blocks to hand over the tricycles to each and every registered ‘Divyang’ but the process never began.
- The ‘Divyang’ allege that they were misled by the government.
- Officers claim that Elmico Company, which is also the manufacturer of the tricycles, was given the responsibility of the distribution process which they could not fulfil leaving 'Divyangs' without tricycles.