Goyal makes a surprise inspection of IPDS work in Varanasi
Varanasi: Union Minister of State for Coal and Power Piyush Goyal on Sunday made a surprise visit to the parliamentary constituency of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inspect the development works.
The Union Minister laid emphasis on the ongoing work on Integrated Power Development Scheme at Kabir Nagar near Durgakund. It may be recalled that Goyal laid the foundation stone of this project on April 8 last and instructed the officers to complete this project within two years of time.
About the IPDS work:
- The work has been divided into 16 sectors.
- All the electric wiring will be done underground.
- The winding by-lanes of Varanasi will be free from the web of electric wires.
- This will help in reducing the electricity related accidents.
- Smart electricity metres will be installed at homes under this scheme.