Varanasi court orders completion of Gyanvapi mosque survey and report by May 17
The survey includes videography and the inspection of Maa Shringar Gauri Sthal and adjacent Gyanvapi mosque premises.
A Varanasi court on Thursday ordered the completion of the Gyanvapi mosque survey and the presentation of report by May 17. The order comes a day after the hearing in the petition seeking the removal of court-appointed advocate commissioner entrusted with carrying out the survey had concluded.
"The court has ordered complete survey and present a detailed report on May 17, the next date of hearing in the case," Subhash Nandan Chaturvedi, one of the lawyers of of the petitioners said. The court has ordered the district administration not to delay the survey by making an excuse.
The survey is likely to begin day after tomorrow, the court said. "The court has ordered the survey of entire Gyanvapi complex. The survey of mosque and its basement will be conducted," the lawyer said.
"The court rejected the Anzuman Intezamia Masajid Committee's petition seeking the removal of the advocate commissioner Ajay Kumar," Chaturvedi added. The court has appointed another lawyer Vishal Kumar Singh as the advocate commissioner. Ajai Pratap Singh has been appointed as the assistant advocate commissioner.
The court ordered that advocate commissioner Ajai Kumar Mishra and the special advocate commissioner Vishal Singh will jointly conduct the proceedings of the commissioner. In case, Mishra is absent, Vishal Singh will carry out the proceedings to conduct the survey. If Singh is absent, Ajai Mishra will do it.
The survey includes the videography and the inspection of the Maa Shringar Gauri Sthal and adjacent Gyanvapi mosque premises.
The petitioners' lawyer said all the sides will be present during the survey. On April 26, the court of civil judge in Varanasi, Ravi Kumar Diwakar, had ordered the videography of the Maa Shringar Gauri Sthal by the advocate commissioner and asked him to submit a detailed report before the court on May 10.
- Meet the world's 'oldest dog living' a 22-year-old Toy Fox Terrier named Pebbles
- 'Over 88% adults in India fully vaccinated against Covid'
- PM inaugurates Nano Urea Plant in Gandhinagar
- IndiGo fined Rs 5L for not boarding special needs child
- This is not the Virat Kohli we know: Virender Sehwag breaks silence on RCB batters' slump in form
- 8 years of Modi govt: From Statue of unity to Lord Hanuman's statue, Iconic statues unveiled by PM
- Laal Singh Chaddha Trailer: Aamir Khan enjoys Pani Puri, hosts preview ahead of releasing it at IPL 2022 Final
- Shah Rukh Khan's Mannat's new nameplate worth Rs 25 lakh goes missing? Here's the truth
- India's daily cases over 2,000-mark for 5th time this week: Today's 8 Covid updates
- Alia Bhatt cries 'happy tears' as she reacts to Ranbir Kapoor cradling a baby: 'This video is a full vibe'