Tension prevails in Ballia district after man killed in police firing
Ballia: Enraged over the death of man in police firing, supporters of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Upendra Tiwari indulged in clash with the police on Friday night.
The supporters were outraged on the death of one Vinod Rai and were staging the protest by sitting on a dharna outside Narahi police station, unofficial sources said. The police resorted to lathi charge to disperse the crowd.
The BJP MLA Upendra Tiwari was protesting against the police which had seized a truck full of bovines.
- The police, however, is denying over the reports of death of Vinod Rai.
- Police of several police stations were deployed to avoid unrest.
- Police resorted to lathi charge.
- They were protesting with the dead body.
- Several women and children were injured n the clashes.
- The police have registered a case against one Chandrama Yadav and unidentified under revelent sections of the IPC.
- Deputy Inspector General Dharmveer Yadav rushed to the spot and brought situation under control.
Also Read: A group of six gang rapes minor