Senior journalist Naval Kant Sinha attacked in Lucknow; 2 arrested
Lucknow: In a sensational case, Reliance JIO manager Vaibhav Singh has been arrested for brutal assault on senior journalist Naval Kant Sinha at Indra Nagar area here on Friday night.
Police has arrested two people Vaibhav Singh Neeraj.
Meanwhile, Principal Secretary (Home) denied that accused has any relation with the Kanpur IG Zone, Alok Singh. The confusion arose after Singh told police in the police station that he is a relative of Kanpur IG Zone.
PS (Home), however, said, "I spoke to IG Kanpur, Alok Singh. He has no BHANJA by this name. It is not good to drag him in the case. There is no pressure of anyone on police. Fair and impartial action will be ensured."
Sinha, who was brutally attacked by a group of assailants, had faced severe injuries on head. An FIR was registered in the Ghazipur Police Station under sections 307, 308, 394 and 506 of the IPC.
Incident occurred at around 10.40pm on Friday night when he was on his way to home from office.
What is the incident?
- About 4 to 5 people, in drunken state, in White Safari (UP 32 DE 0444), rammed into his WagonR car from behind at Hosadia Chouraha in Gomti Nagar area.
- In spite of tendering an apology, they demanded Rs 20,000 for the damage from the journo and even used abusive language.
- Finding the assailants drunk, Sinha escaped from the place to end up the argument.
- People in Safari chased him for about 4 kms and stopped him near his residence in Indra Nagar area.
- They hit him on his head with the Gun Butt.