Saffron in Fashion, Nation goes the Yogi way...!!!
Gorakhpur: It seems like 'Saffron Kurta' has become the new trend in the nation nowadays. The Gerua-coloured Kurta is the latest vogue in the fashion industry that is making the people go crazy for it.
Like Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has too emerged as a fashion icon in the country.
Carrying Orange Kurta (popular as Naakhuni Saada Kurta) with the tops in the ears, Yogi Adityanath makes not only UPities but his nationwide fans have also fallen in love with his trend.
Now here comes the question, why this Yogi Kurta is being popular as 'Nakhooni Saada Kurta'?
It is because the tailor (Buddhiram), owner of Bharatiya Tailors, situated outside Gorakhnath temple complex in Gorakhpur , who stitches CM's Kurta keep his thumb nail long.
Buddhiram tailor himself will clear your all queries about the Nakhooni Saada Kurta. The tailor said, "Chote Maharaj (as Yogi is popularly known in his hometown) likes rounded embroidered stitching also known as piped stitching. For this, I require nails so that he can press while creating a piped or embroidered look stitching."
When asked which kind of Kurta does Yogi likes, Buddhiram stated, "Yogi likes kurtas with round neck and without collars. The width of his sleeves is usually double the size of ordinary kurtas. He prefers this to let air pass through all the time to cool his body. In summers, he will wear half sleeves while in winters he wears full size kurtas with tight-fitting width of his sleeves to check air."
Joined Lok Sabha, switched to silk from cotton:
- In early years, Yogi used to wear cotton kurtas but as soon as he joined the Lok Sabha in 1998, he started wearing Kurtas made of matka silk fabric.
- The fabric is brought from Kashmir, Karnataka and West Bengal.
- Matka Silk is different from other silk because it does not get warm in summers but remains warm in Winter.
- The quality wore by Adityanath costs Rs 1500 a metre.
- Adityanath always dons a 22-inch dupatta around his neck.
- He also carries a special turban which is also made at Buddhiram's shop.