NIA officer, part of Pathankot probe, killed in Uttar Pradesh
Bijnore: Bike borne armed assailants on Saturday killed Deputy Superintendent of National Investigation Agency (NIA) Tanzil Ahmad by spraying bullets on him near Sahaspur under Syohara police station of Bijnore in Uttar Pradesh.
Tanzil was part of probing team in the Pathankot terror attack case.
He was sprayed with bullets while he was returning from a marriage ceremony.
The NIA has sought a report from the Uttar Pradesh government over this issue.
- It happened late last night.
- Tanzil sustained 21 bullets.
- He succumbed to the injuries while on his way to the Cosmos Hospital in Moradabad.
- His wife also sustained injuries and her condition was stated to be critical.
- Inspector General of Police(IG), Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS) , UP Assem Arun and Deputy Inspector General (DIG) NIA have rushed to Bijnore from Lucknow.
- He had no enmity against anyone and was a very friendly person, said Raghib Ahmad, brother of slain NIA officer.