Trustees rob temple, visitor captures act on cellphone
Baghpat: A dispute between candidates hopeful of chairmanship of Shri Digambar Jain Chhota temple in Baghpat, western Uttar Pradesh (UP), took a turn for the worse on Thursday when some of its trustees robbed it of its riches.
A faction of trustees broke the lock of the temple's depository and stole cash and jewellery. The whole incident was video-recorded by Gaurav Jain, a visitor, on his cell phone. Jain handed over the recording to the police. An FIR was subsequently registered against the suspects.
What video-recorder Gaurav Jain said:
- According to Jain, he had gone to the temple to worship on Thursday.
- He saw a group of people looting the property of the temple.
- Jain was threatened by the group when he objected to their act.
- However, he managed to record the whole incident and handed over the footage to the police.
Lock broken with a hammer:
- The lock of the temple's depository was broken with a hammer.
- Many persons were involved in the theft.