Communal tension in Akhlaq’s village, section 144 imposed
Noida: The Noida district administration has clamped prohibitory order under section144 of the Criminal Procedure (CrPC) in Dadri village in view to avoid any communal unrest.
“The police may also prohibit people coming to the village from outside,” said sub-district magistrate Rajesh Singh.
- People of the majority community are demanding to the report of forensic report public.
- The people have shut down schools and colleges of the village.
- Police have registered an FIR against 300 people.
- A mahapanchayat has been called in the village of April 10.
- Akhlaq was lynched by an irate mob on the intervening night of September 8 last over a rumour of beef.
- A debate on intolerance started on this issue soon after this incident.