Anti-Temple comment creates tension in a Bareilly village
Bareilly: Tension prevailed in Gangula village in Bareilly district of Uttar Pradesh following a comment on temples and cows by a religious Muslim leader Maulana Rashid on Thursday. The comment was made after an Eid prayer.
Peace returned to the village after police intervention and comprise reached between the two communities.
- The police took the cleric away to a safer place.
- Some Hindu followers also filed a report against Rashid along with six others for hurting the religious sentiments of the community.
The cleric had earlier commented on Independence and Republic days:
- According to villagers, Rashid had earlier tried to provoke the Muslims and asked them to boycott the Independence Day and Republic Day celebrations as they are against their religion.
What officials said:
- The Station Officer of Devraniya Police Station, Sonkar Babu told media persons that no anger is being witnessed in the village now. “People sometimes make statements that may sound unwanted, but there is no anger in the village mob,” he stated.
- Pramod Yadav, Station Officer, Bahedi Police Station, said, “Some Hindu supporters came to the station to file report against the Muslim cleric Rashid after his religious comment but now the situation is under control . The police had asked both the communities to reach a comprise.