Mohammad Azam Khan is in news for wrong reasons again
Rampur: About 50 families of the city have submitted a memorandum to the Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik that district administration on behest of senior Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Mohammad Azam Khan has threatned them to evacuate their houses or face demolition in Sarai Gate area of Rampur district in Uttar Pradesh.
The memorandum was submitted to Governor through the help of a Congress leader Faisal Lala.
The residents of Sarai Gate area have even alleged that Khan wants to construct a school in the area, thus he wants to get the house demolished.
- Balmiki basti, Buland Bunglow, Ramnath colony, Cement factory colony and Dungur are in the list for demolition
- More than 22 shops were demolished in the posh Civil lines area after Samajwadi Party (SP) government came to power.
- The saga of demolition continues since then.
Now Sarai Gate is the new target
The residents of Sarai Gate locality have alleged that one of Azam's favourite officer R P Singh along with the police came there and threatened the people to evacuate their houses or face demolition.
- More than 50 families reside in the area.
- Residents have alleged that Khan wants to construct a school in this area.
- The residents have taken this issue to the Uttar Pradesh coordinator of minorities cell Faisal Lala.
- Lala has sent a memorandum to the UP Governor Ram Naik on the issue.
The Balmiki basti issue:
Around an year ago the Valmiki Basti issue of Rampur district in Uttar Pradesh had hogged headlines after more than 80 families announced to embrace Islam if their houses were demolished.
The district administration had to show a hasty retreat when the issue rocked the nation.