PIL filed seeking CBI probe in Bulandshahr gang-rape case
Lucknow: A Public Interest Litigation (PIL) petition has been filed in the Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court on Tuesday, seeking CBI probe in the brutal gang-rape of woman and her daughter in Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh.
PIL was filed by an NGO 'We the People' through its general secretary Prince Lenin. Court to hear the plea, which also demands beefing up of security at highways, on August 4.
Meanwhile, state Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has directed IG Meerut Sujeet Pandey to head the probe in the gang-rape case. Principal Secretary (Home) Debashish Panda and DGP Javeed Ahmad were asked to ensure speedy investigation.
About the case:
- A group of six men brutally raped woman and her daughter on Friday night
- They were dragged outside their car in Bulandshahr on NH-91
- Police has arrested three accused Naresh (25), Bablu (22) and Rais (28), while three others are still at large
- Fast track court had sent three accused to 14-day police custody
- Police has launched a massive hunt for the other accused involved in the heinous crime