I am happy, BJP took the decision of demonetisation: Mayawati
She also said, "While SP is famous for its 'goondaism' in the state, the BJP has always been the one supporting communalism and increasing chaos in the country and both the parties share a good bond with each other," the former Chief Minister Uttar Pardesh said
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party supremo and former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati on Monday said that she was happy that the Bhartiya Janata Party government took the step of demonetising the old currency. The BSP chief said that the decision would adversely affect the poll prospects of the Bhartiya Janata Party and help BSP gain more seats in the coming assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.
"I am happy that such thoughtless and hurried decision has been taken by the BJP. The party would pay for it in the upcoming UP elections of 2017," said Mayawati.
Mayawati attacks BJP and SP:
- Mayawati also claimed that the ruling Samajawadi Party is under the influence of the BJP and would get into alliance with the Congress after it gets the green signal by the latter. She said that its high time the Muslim voters should get alert that both SP and Congress were misleading them.
- "I want to alert the electorate that both SP and Congress will get into an alliance after the BJP would direct them to do so. The BJP thinks that it could win in Uttar Pradesh if both the parties (SP and Congress) would contest together," she stated.
No work done by BJP in last two-and-a-half years:
- It has been two-and-a-half-years since Narendra Modi was elected as the Prime Minister and the government has not even fulfilled one-fourth of the promises it had made to the country.
- "The BJP has created an army of all disloyal and greedy politicians and if they think that they would win the polls by doing so, they are wrong," said BSP Chief.
Only BSP cares for the Dalits and other backwards castes of the country:
- "I urge all the voters to think twice before electing their leaders. There is only one party for all Muslim Dalits and other backward castes of the country. Only BSP thinks of their betterment," stated Mayawati.
- She also said, "While SP is famous for its 'goondaism' in the state, the BJP has always been the one supporting communalism and increasing chaos in the country and both the parties share a good bond with each other," the former Chief Minister Uttar Pardesh said.