Kanpur MLA receives bomb threat call targeting his school
Kanpur: The city administration was on its toes when a local Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) Satish Mahana, on Monday, received a bomb threat call targeting his school Saraswati Vidya Mandir situated at Chakeri defence colony under Chakeri police station of Kanpur city in Uttar Pradesh.
Soon after Mahana reported the matter to the police, they, along with the bomb disposal squad and dog squad, reached the school premises and evacuated the campus, thoroughly checking each corner of it.
“We are trying to trace the number from which the MLA was threatened and besides, a First Information Report (FIR) has been lodged, based on statements,” said Somendra Verma, Superintendent of Police (SP) of Kanpur East.
- The MLA received the bomb threat call at 0840 hours.
- The strength of Saraswati Vidya Mandir school is 200-250 students.
- Nothing explosive was found while checking the campus.
- The checking continued for more than two hours.
- The road towards the school was also blocked by the police.
- An investigation was under way.