Not a happy Holi for Kanpur post office, loses Rs two
Kanpur: In a bizarre case, a Lok Adalat, on Tuesday, has directed Indiranagar post office of Kanpur to pay back Rs two to one Ashutosh Mishra to compensate the delay fee he was charged for the late deposition in his recurring account.
The Lok Adalat found, after hearing, that the delay was due to fault in computer of the post office and the latter was liable to give back Rs two it charged from the account holder, Vijay Bakshi, the lawyer of the complainant said.
- Mishra holds a recurring account at the Indiranagar post office.
- He visited the post office, on February 11, 2015, to deposit Rs 200 into his account.
- The post office workers denied depositing the sum and told him that there was a technical fault.
- Mishra kept visiting the post office for more than a week but could not deposit the sum of money into his account.
- Thereafter, when he revisited the post office, the workers asked him to pay Rs two additionally as a late deposition fine.
- Irked Mishra, went to the Lok Adalat and registered a case against the post office authorities.
- Eventually, he won the case in the Lok Adalat.