Fire near rail track disrupts Kanpur-Howrah rail route
Kanpur: A major mishap was averted in Naureyakheda, in Kanpur on Friday night , when a fire broke out near a railway track delaying many trains of Delhi-Howrah route.
Many trains including Rajdhani Express, Udyan Abha Express, Mahabodhi and at least six freight trains from Central station to Rura were stopped to avoid mishap as the fire flames reached the track.
- Fire broke out in a forest area near railway track in Panki, Naureyakheda, that reached the railway track due to which many passenger and freight trains were delayed.
- Locals tried to control the situation and informed the fire station about the incident.
- Police searched for the location from where the fire started but could not get the exact place. It is assumed that the fire broke out by some cigarette thrown by some local in the forest area.
- The railway authorities permitted the train to pass by once the fire was controlled.
- It was not the first incident of fire in the area. There have been many previous cases of fire breakout between Panki and Dadanagar area of the district.