Acid attack on former BJP minister Ravindra Shukla in Jhansi
Jhansi: The former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) minister Ravindra Shukla and four others received burn injuries when some miscreants threw acid at them owing to a land dispute.
The attack was made merely 100 meters away from the City kotwali. Five persons including the former minister sustained burn injuries in the acid attack, said police.
Ravindra, his gunner and other cohorts sustained burn injuries and were rushed for the treatment after an FIR in this connection was lodged with the Kotwali police.
What SSP said?
- Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Manoj Tiwari said three persons have been arrested in the case.
- Police have launched a manhunt to nab the others involved.
- The car of the former minister was also damaged in the attack.
- Action has also been taken against few policemen.
What Ravindra Shukla said?
- Five persons attacked him.
- Trader Pappu Pateria and jeweller Raju Kamraya were behind the attack, he alleged.
- It happened due to a land dispute.
- The case of land was under trail in the court.