Green Corridor: Brain dead girl saves five lives by organ donation
Lucknow: A green corridor was on Friday night created in Lucknow of Uttar Pradesh to transport Liver and Kidneys from King George Medical University to Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport.
The ambulance van carrying the organs took just 18 minutes to reach the airport covering the distance of about 20 kilometres, said traffic police officials. The ambulance started from KGMU at 2110 hours and reached the international airport at 2128 hours.
About the donor:
- The organs belonged to brain dead Gorakhpur girl Deeksha(19).
- She met an accident three days ago in Lucknow.
- Her kins donated Liver, Kidney and Cornea.
- The Liver was sent to Institute of Liver and Billiary Sciences (ILBS).
- These organs can save the life of five humans.