BJP ruined the political system of the country: Akhilesh Yadav
Lakhimpur: Launching a fresh attack on Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Samajwadi Party President Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday advised the people of Uttar Pradesh not to be misled by those parties which only believed in spreading communal tension and hatred. Akhilesh said that BJP ruined the political system of the country in its three years' rule.
“BJP has a tendency of misleading people. It has not done any developmental work in three years,” said Akhilesh while addressing his second rally on the second day of his election campaign.
Akhilesh, who shared the platform with Congress leader Prem Prakash Agrawal, was seen defending the alliance of the two parties, saying, “bicycle' (SP symbol) will run even faster as there is a 'hand' (Congress symbol) to help in the ride.”
Akhilesh was joined by SP national general secretary Ravi Prakash Verma, party district chief Anurag Patel, Dhaurehra SP candidate Yash Pal Chaudhary and the Congress leader.
“I admit there is need to improve police working and this is a big task but I'm making an effort in this direction. If any party has any better arrangement they can come out with it," accepts Akhilesh.
What else Akhilesh said?
- We have already seen bad days by standing in long queues (because of demonetisation), now tell me where are the achche din
- BJP government banned all high denomination currency causing trouble to everyone--traders, farmers, rural women
- It was the SP government which gave an ex-gratia of Rs 25 lakh to their families...Our government helped everyone.
- I appeal to people that the state elections are also going to decide the direction of the country and all should cast their votes judiciously
- We felt the country will make progress but these people pushed it back by bringing demonetisation and statistics prove this
- Samajwadi Party can count a number of development works for the people. BJP should explain at least one development work that it did in UP
Dubbing Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) as ‘patharvali sarkar’, he said that it only installed statues of elephants and not done anything for the state. “During the BSP government, one engineer was murdered when he refused to give donation,” Akhilesh added.