Allahabad HC holds lawyers' strike as illegal,asks to maintain
Allahabad: In a significant decision, the seven judges bench of the Allahabad high court on Thursday declared the strike of Lucknow bench lawyers as illegal and directed for immediate withdrawal of strike.
- The bench, presided over by the chief justice Dr D Y Chandrachud directed that no one will be permitted to interfere with the court's functioning from Friday.
- The bench further said that that the demand of judicial inquiry by the secretary of the Awadh Bar Association,will be considered on the next date of the hearing in this case on February 23,2016.
- The court passing a detailed order on February 10 incident at Lucknow bench of the high court asked the lawyers to maintain the dignity of the court and this noble profession.
- The lawyers protesting murder of a fellow lawyer had turned violent setting afire many vehicles and pelted stone.
- Taking suo moto notice of the matter, the Court had formed a seven-member bench and had asked the Principal Secretary(Home) to give a detailed report which was also submitted.