UP Govt. plans to land fighter planes on Purvanchal Expressway
Lucknow: After the successful landing of fighter plane, Mirage, on Yamuna Expressway in Mathura last year, the Uttar Pradesh government is planning to construct Samajwadi Purvanchal Expressway in a way that fighter planes can land on it.
Samajwadi Purvanchal Expressway will have take off and landing facilities for the fighter planes similar to Agra-Lucknow Expressway, Navneet Sehgal, Chairman and CEO of UP Expressway Industrial Development Authority (UPEIDA), said. The proposed expressway will be constructed across ten districts of the state with a total length of 348.10 kms.
Features of Purvanchal Expressway:
The Samajwadi Purvanchal expressway will pass through Lucknow, Barabanki, Amethi, Sultanpur, Faizabad, Ambedkarnagar, Azamgarh, Mau, Ghazipur and Ballia.
The 348.10 kilometres long and 120 metres wide Samajwadi Expressway will be constructed after dividing it in 8 parts covering the distance of 40 to 45 kilometres each.
Service roads will also be made on Purvanchal Expressway.
The journey to Ballia from Lucknow will be reduced to 4.30 hours.
Acquisition of land for the construction of expressway will be done within 10 months.
Facilities to be provided for landing fighter planes
Both take off and landing facility will be provided to fighter planes.
Parking facilities will also be provided for fighter planes.
Foldable runway dividers will be made and they will also work as runway lights.
Mobile and electric towers will be banned across the runway.
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water
- Maha cabinet expansion before Aug 15; Fadnavis to get Home
- PM Modi chairs NITI Aayog's governing council meeting
- Boxers Amit Panghal and Nitu Ghanghas win gold
- After Sri Lanka, massive protests erupt in Bangladesh over fuel price hike