Union Minister incites Hindus against particular community
Agra: The Union Minister of State for Human Resource Department (HRD), Ram Shankar Katheria, stirred yet another controversy when he incited Hindus against a particular community without taking its name while speaking at the condolence meeting of slain Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Arun Mahaur on Monday.
Katheria said that the Hindu community should be united against conspiracies hatched by opposition to give them a befitting reply.
"We should strengthen our position and be united against impending threats posed by anti-Hindu forces. They would take no time to bring us to an end like they did to Mahaur. We have lost one Mahaur and if we continue to remain weak we could lose many Mahaurs in the near future. We should stand united and finish these murderers before they raise a finger towards us," he stated from the dais.
- VHP leader Arun Mahaur was shot dead by unknown assailants on Thursday at Mira Hussaini circle under Mantola police station in Agra.
- The VHP leader was going to a temple from his furniture shop and was shot in his head at the midway.
- Communal tension gripped the city after his death.
- The firebrand minister of VHP Sadhvi Prachi visited Mahaur's residence in disguise on Sunday and demanded compensation equivalent to Akhlaq's family.
- Earlier, the BJP state President Lakshmikant Bajpayi was put under house arrest in Kasganj when he tried to enter Agra.