A record number of Civil services aspirants to appear in Prelims 2016
New Delhi: A record over 11 lakh aspirants are registered with Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to appear in civil Services (preliminary) examination 2016 taking place in over 70 cities across the country on Sunday.
As per an average about 50 per cent of the registered aspirants appear in the three-tier examination for about a thousand posts which comes to about six lakh candidates taking exams for 19 group A services which included elite Indian Adminitsrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and five group B services. The prelims exam also hold common test for Indian Forest Service aspirants as well.
The result of Prelims exam is likely to be announced in October in which about 15 thousand candidates will be selected to appear in the Civil Services (Main) exam. The third part of the tedious process will be the personality test for which over three thousand aspirants will be selected.
The Mains exam will take place in the month of December.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?