Trupti Desai to enter Kapleshwar temple on Thursday
Nashik: After her successful entry into the Haji Ali Dargah, Bhumata Brigade chief Trupti Desai will make her second attempt to enter the sanctum sanctorum of Kapaleshwar temple in Nashik on Thursday.
The social activist stated that while at the other temples her group was fighting only against gender inequality, at Kapleshwar the fight is also again caste discrimination.
The members of her group were stopped by the priests, last Thursday when they tried to enter the temple and were told that they belong to the lower cast; hence, the priests would not allow them to go inside, said Desai.
To read about the social activist's previous protests, click:
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?