South African woman gives birth to 10 babies, breaks Guinness World Record
The Guinness World Records for most children delivered at a single birth to survive is currently held by Nadya Suleman
A South African woman has broken a Guinness World Record as she gave birth to 10 babies at once, according to a local media report. Teboho Tsotetsi, Sithole's husband, said his 37-year-old wife delivered the children via a C-section. All babies, seven boys and three girls, are still in hospital and would remain there until they are stronger.
According to BBC, a South African has confirmed the birth of 10 children, while another official said that they are yet to see the babies. Meanwhile, Guinness World Records said that it was investigating the claim, reported the British media network.
South African woman
"We received a call from the hospital informing us of the birth ... and got further confirmation from the mother Gosiame Sithole who was still in pain. She and the 10 bundles of joy are doing well and still in hospital," said the family in a statement, ANI reported.
The Guinness World Records for most children delivered at a single birth to survive is currently held by Nadya Suleman, who gave birth to six boys and two girls in California, US, in 2009. Suleman's babies were conceived with the aid of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) treatment and were nine weeks premature when they were delivered by Caesarean section.
Last month, a 25-year-old Malian woman had given birth to nine babies, two more than doctors had detected during medical scans.
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?
- Yogi Adityanath govt announces Rs 25,000 reward for info on Shrikant Tyagi
- PV Sindhu saunters to maiden individual Commonwealth Games gold, completes hat-trick of CWG medals
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water