Sonia demands an early passage of Women’s Reservation Bill
New Delhi: Congress supremo Sonia Gandhi has said that the women reservation bill should be passed as soon as possible.
Sonia Gandhi, on Tuesday, said that the concept of ‘maximum governance’ by Prime Minister Narendra Modi would mean giving women their rights.
“Undoubtedly, maximum governance means giving women the long-awaited due, i.e. the women’s reservation bill,” the Congress president said.
She also said that the Women Reservation Bill requires the government’s efforts and the parliament should pass it at the earliest.
As a reply to her demand, Parliamentary Affairs Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu said that the government was looking to evolve an elusive consensus on the controversial women’s reservation bill.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?