Want your skin white without whiteheads...?? Check here...!!!
Whiteheads are caused due to blocked skin pores where the dead skin cells,oil and bacteria get trapped. It forms the flow of sebum (the oily or waxy matter secreted by the skin) inside the follicles (a small secretary gland) which get trapped close to the skin.
Lucknow: Whiteheads are caused due to blocked skin pores where the dead skin cells,oil and bacteria get trapped. It forms the flow of sebum (the oily or waxy matter secreted by the skin) inside the follicles (a small secretary gland) which get trapped close to the skin.
Here are few reasons why pores get blocked and forms whiteheads:
- Hormonal changes.
- Increase in androgens. (Androgens are male sex hormones).
- Genes and heredity.
- Spicy foods.
- Cosmetics and make up.
- Lack of proper skin hygiene.
- Scrubbing helps open up the blocked hair follicles.
- Mix sugar, honey and oatmeal.
- Take 1/3 cup of oatmeal, ¼ cup of brown sugar and ¼ cup of honey.
- Mix the ingredients and apply small amounts on your skin. Massage gently for 5 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water.
2. Facial Steaming
- Steaming is the best way to get rid of whiteheads, as it unblocks the clogged skin pores.
- Take a facial steam, once in a day.
- Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and are very good for dull skin.
- Simply rub the pulp of a tomato on the face, focus more on the areas with whiteheads.
- Leave it for 5 minutes and then wash.
- Simply mix 2 tablespoons of milk with a tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of salt. Stir well.
- Apply it on the face in a circular motion.
- Wash it off with water and pat your skin dry.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of whole milk and 1 tablespoon of regular salt in a bowl.
- Massage gently on the face. Wash it off after 20 minutes with cold water. Repeat two times in a day
5. Potato Face Mask
- To make the face mask, blend a few raw potatoes and apply the paste on your face.
- Wait for 30 minutes, and then rinse it off.
- The fluoride in the toothpaste can help cure both acne and whiteheads.
- Simply apply a gel- based paste to the affected area of the face, let it stay for a few minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
8. Benzoyl Peroxide
- Benzoyl peroxide works as an antibacterial agent which reduces the blockage that causes whiteheads.
- Utilize benzoyl peroxide, only if you suffer from a moderate case of closed comedones. Comedone is a technical term for white heads.
9. Warm Towel
- Dip a towel in warm water.
- Then, squeeze out all the water.
- Put the towel on your face as you lie down on your back.
- This will help open up pores.
- Use this remedy for at least 10 minutes every day, at night before you hit the hay.
- Apply lemon juice on your face with the help of a cotton ball.
- The citric acid will open up the pores, and dry the excess oil.
- Grind some almonds and mix with some rosewater and 1 teaspoon oatmeal to make a paste.
- Apply it on the affected area.
- After 15 minutes, wash with cold water.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and ½ orange peels (you can dry the orange peels in the sun and make powder).
- Using a blender, make a thick paste. Apply this scrub on the affected areas.
- Wait for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat twice in a day.
- Mix a few drops of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of sugar. With the help of a soft toothbrush, apply to the face and rub it.
- Keep rubbing for 5 to 10 minutes, and then wash it off with cold water.
- Use this remedy once a week.
- Dip a cotton ball in some rosewater and apply to the face. Do not rinse it off.
- Application of rosewater on a daily basis will help remove whiteheads.
- You can also add a few drops of rosewater to any mask for better results.
- Mix some gram flour with 1 tablespoon of raw milk or rose water and use it as a face mask.
- Allow it to dry, and then wash off with warm water.
In Slides: Do's & Don'ts
- Keep your face clean. Wash it twice in a day.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes fresh green vegetables and fruits, especially those rich in vitamin E and A.
- Wash your hair everyday if you have dandruff.
- Keep your hands off your face.
- Take facial treatment at the spa once in a month.
- Visit a dermatologist, if the whiteheads do not disappear after 8 weeks.
- Use oil-free makeup and foundation creams.
- Remove makeup before you hit the sack.
- Change your pillow cover once in a weak.
- Always keep your skin moisturised.
- Do not pop the whiteheads with your hands; else, it may develop into a pimple.
- Avoid oily and spicy food, alcohol, carbonated drinks, chocolates and coffee.
- Refrain from excessive exposure to the sun.