Remains of Harappa like civilization found in Tamil Nadu
Madurai: A massive scale on an ancient urban centre that lied buried at Pallisanthai Thidal in Sivganga district of Tamil Nadu is emerging, ASI sources said.
- The structure after structure is surfaces from under the soil, they added.
- The settlement at Keeladi village could be as large as the ones in Harappa and Mohenjo Daro.
- The excavations reveal a well-built urban centre with many amenities.
- After exploration works on the Vaigai riverbed in 2013-14, the office of the superintending archaeologist, excavation branch VI in Bangalore, shortlisted Keeladi village for excavation.
- The mound where we are excavating is of 3.5 km circumference in 80 acres of private agricultural land.
- The current excavation works will go on till September this year.
- The excavation is lending much credence to the narrative in Sangam literature that throws light on the ancient Tamil way of life.
- The literature speaks volumes about the public and personal lives of rulers and the people of Tamil Nadu some 2000 or more years ago.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?