Sheila depicted as Goddess of Development by Gorakhpur Congress
Gorakhpur: The Gorakhpur district unit of Congress on Sunday released a poster depicting Uttar Pradesh Chief Ministerial candidate Sheila Dikshit as ‘Goddesses of Development’.
The posters were released by the party workers under the leadership of Congress’ Gorakhpur general secretary Anwar Hussain at the Shashtri Chowk.
What poster says?
- Shiela Dikshit is shown as Goddesses of Development—Vikas Ki Devi.
- Other political parties are shown sweeping away in the tsunami.
- Caricatures of BJP President Amit Shah, SP Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, BSP boss Mayawati and Asaduddin Owaisi are also there in the posters.
- They are shown raising alarm to save them from the tsunami.
- The posters have a caption of, ‘Bachao Bachao, Congress ki tsunami se bachao’.
Attacks Prime Minister:
The posters also show a caricature of Prime Minister Narendra Modi sitting worried on a chair.
What Congress says?
“We do not fear from any controversy. Everyone has the right to express feelings,” says Anwar Hussain.
Sheila ji will develop the state like she did in Delhi, he added.
It may be noted that several controversial posters have been floated in the Gorakhpur and most of them have been circulated by the minority cell of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Also read: Rangoon born Vijay Rupani sworn in as Gujarat Chief Minister