Polio Virus!!! Telangana declares global emergency
Hyderabad: A ‘global emergency’ was sounded by the government of Telangana after an active strain of wild polio virus was detected in the water sample collected from a drain.
The global emergency prompted to airlift two lakh vaccines from Geneva to inoculate more than three lakh children in Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy districts as a ‘preventive measure’ from Wednesday, said officials.
The Vaccine Derived Polio Virus (VDPV) strain has not been seen in the country for more than five years.No case of polio, however, has been reported so far, doctors said.
"The government has decided to conduct a special campaign against polio in Hyderabad and parts of Ranga Reddy from June 20 to 26," said Rajeshwar Tiwari, principal secretary, health.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?