Pak not the maiden; it also faced Indian Army’s surgical strike
New Delhi: The surgical strike carried by brave Indian Army was not a new thing for it. The same operation was also carried out by the guards of tricolor in Myanmar.
Surgical Strike of Indian Army in Myanmar:
On June 4, 2015, the Naga militants in an ambush killed 18 Indian Army soldiers in Chandel area of Manipur. The Indian Army retaliated hard launching a surgical operation in the dangerous jungles of Myanmar.
In a 40-minute operation, the 70 commandos of Indian Army had hunted 38 Naga militants.
Surgical Strike of Indian Army in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK):
Indian Army, in the early hours of Thursday, conducted surgical strikes along LoC killing several terrorists. Entering two kilometres inside PoK, Army attacked seven terrorist camps. It killed about 50 terrorists.
The DGMO had said that surgical strikes were conducted on those terrorist groups which were set to infiltrate across LoC as per the inputs of Indian intelligence.
DGMO Lt General Ranbir Singh had said:
- Indian Army conducted such strikes to safeguard our nation.
- Significant casualties have been caused to the militants in these strikes.
- The strikes targeted the terrorists and those backing them.
- Despite our persistent appeals to Pakistan to not allow territory under its control to be used for terrorist activities, nothing was done.
- There were launch pads at the LoC where terrorists were present waiting to infiltrate the attack and areas in Kashmir and metros across the country.
- We have recovered items including GPS which have Pakistani markings. Captured terrorists hailing from PoK or Pakistan have confessed to their training in Pakistan.
- I spoke to the Pakistan DGMO, shared our concerns and told him that we conducted surgical strikes last night.
What is a ‘surgical strike’?
In terms of army, surgical strike is a military strike that is designed to destroy something specific. The range is not wide.
“It is a type of military attack that is made in an exact way on a particular place. It’s a military attack which results in only damage to the intended legitimate military target and no or minimal collateral damage to surrounding structures, vehicles, buildings, or the general public infrastructure and utilities,” informed an army official.
Also read: Indian Army kills many terrorists in surgical strikes: Ranbir Singh