#NoConfidenceMotion: PM Modi slams RaGa for insulting Jawans
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday slammed Congress chief Rahul Gandhi for disrespecting the Indian armed forces by describing 'surgical strike' as 'Jumla Strike' and said that he will not tolerate such disrespect of our jawans. PM Modi slams RaGa for insulting Jawans.
"You called the surgical strike a Jumla Strike. You can abuse me as much as you want but stop insulting the Jawans of India. I will not tolerate this insult to our forces," said the PM while speaking in the Parliament over the no trust motion.
After hearing the speeches of supporting and opposing MPs in the no trust motion, Prime Minister Narendra Modi began his speech condemning the Opposition for practicing the politics of negativity saying, "The country is witnessing how some politicians are busy following and preaching the politics of negativity."
He further claimed that there is a strong opposition against 'development' among the politicians.
PM Modi said many people are wondering why this no trust motion was moved in the Parliament when the Opposition did not have sufficient numbers.
"This is not a floor test but the result of the overconfidence of Congress' so-called allies. They should learn how to respect the mandate of the people of the country," he said.
He also launched a sharp attack on Congress President Rahul Gandhi saying, "Few people are wishing to get this seat (PM's chair in Parliament). They were asking me to 'stand up'. But perhaps they do not know that not anyone but only the 1.25 crore people of the country can make anyone sit here. This was a clear example of his lust for his chair."
The Prime Minister halted his speech for a few minutes amid uproar by Opposition MPs.
He also pointed out the works done by his government in past four years, saying, "We have electrified 18,000 villages that were in the dark for past 70 years. Most of these villages were situated in Eastern India and the Northeast."
He claimed that his government has brought a scheme like 'Ayushman Bharat' that will provide best quality healthcare to the poor and needy. He also said that the decision of neem-coated urea has helped the farmers at a large scale.
He further slammed Congress, saying they do not have faith in anything. "Congress has no faith in the Election Commission, Judiciary, RBI or the International Agencies. They have confidence in nothing," PM said.
Hailing the Mudra Yojna of the Centre, he said, "Mudra Yojana has helped in fulfilling the dreams of the youngsters. India is making a mark in the startup ecosystem. Indian economy is being strengthened and India is also strengthening the global economy."
Narendra Modi also asserted that he will keep fighting against black money. "The fight black money is going to continue. I know I have made many enemies with his campaign against corruption but it is absolutely fine," he said.
Taking another jibe at Rahul Gandhi, he said, "People are talking about Devotion to Lord Shiva. I also pray to Lord Shiva to give you so much strength that you again bring in a no trust motion against our government in 2024."
He further slammed Rahul Gandhi saying, "One of the leaders spoke about Doklam. The same leader, who believed the Chinese Ambassador over our forces. Where have we reached? Everything does not merit a childish conduct."
He continued to thrash the Congress scion for making false claims over Rafale deal. "Only because of one careless allegation in the House on Rafale, both the nations had to release statements. We should not indulge in such childish behaviour," he advised.
He also slammed Sonia Gandhi for being overly arrogant in saying 'who says we don't have the numbers'. "Look at the arrogance. When in 1999 someone stood outside Rashtrapati Bhavan and said - we have 272 & more joining. Atal Ji's (Atal Bihari Vajpayee's) government was destabilized and they never formed the government," he said.
What else Prime Minister Narendra Modi said?
- Congress has always destroyed the political career of every politician who ever dared to look into the eyes of Gandhi family.
- We can never dare to stare into your eyes as you are 'naamdaar' (famous) and we are 'kaamdaar' (workers).
- The entire nation saw what what the eyes did today (a jibe at Rahul Gandhi's wink).
- What did the Congress do to Charan Singh ji, what did they do to Chandra Shekhar ji, what did they do to Deve Gowda ji, what did they do to IK Gujral ji.
- Atal Ji created 3 states- Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand.
- It was done peacefully.
- These states are now prospering.
- Congress divided Andhra Pradesh and their conduct was shameful.
- When TDP was leaving NDA, I called up Chandrababu Naidu, warned him that you are falling into YSR Congress' trap.
- I want to tell the people of Andhra Pradesh that we will keep working for them.
- We will do everything possible for the development of Andhra Pradesh.
- Loans were given over the phone in Congress rule.
- The web of NPAs was spread during this time.
- Any incident of violence brings shame to the nation.
- I will once again urge the state governments to punish those who indulge in violence