27-year-old Italian alpinist dies while mountaineering in Pak
Islamabad: An Italian mountaineer died while he was skiing down a 6,000–metre peak in Gilgit Baltistan, the northern most administrative territory of Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK), officials said on Saturday.
“Leonardo Comelli, the 27-year-old alpinist, fell down while he was attempting the first ever ski descent at the north-west side of Laila Peak,” said Karar Haidri from Alpine Club of Pakistan.
According to the preliminary reports, Comelli crossed his skis during a traverse and fell approximately 400 down steep mixed terrain, losing his balance.
- Comelli had been a part of a four-member Italian expedition that reached Karakoram – mountain range spanning the borders of India and Pakistan last month.
- The other expedition members, who are Carlo Cosi, Zeno Cecon and Enrico Mosetti, are unhurt.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?