Here's how netizens REACT after Twitter and Facebook ban Donald Trump
Following Twitter, Facebook too barred Trump from publishing on the social network for 24 hours after finding that he had violated the company’s rules with two posts.
Social media was flooded with reactions after social media giants Facebook and Twitter temporarily locked the accounts of US President Donald Trump following the siege of the US Capitol by supporters.
The move came after the president published a string of inaccurate and inflammatory tweets as his supporters stormed the Capitol in an unprecedented effort to stop Congress from certifying President-elect Joe Biden’s election victory on Wednesday.
Twitter and Facebook locks Trump account:
Twitter locked Trump’s account for 12 hours and said that the ban could be extended if several of his tweets that rejected the election results and appeared to incite violence were not deleted. The company also said that the account will be permanently suspended if he continues violating Twitter’s policies against violent threats and election misinformation.
Following Twitter, Facebook too barred Trump from publishing on the social network for 24 hours. After finding that he had violated the company’s rules with two posts.
While many thought that the move was long overdue. And received cheer on social media, other’s thought that it was too late.
Take a look at some of the reactions here:
While he was locked out of Facebook and Twitter, several others also expressed their concern over the president having access to nuclear warhead launch codes.
Check it out here:
According to several reports, at least four people died on the US Capitol grounds. 52 people have been arrested after a mob tore down metal barricades at the bottom of the Capitol’s steps and clashed with the police
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?