Escort convoy of President Pranab Mukherjee falls into gorge
Darjeeling: As many as six persons were injured when an escort car of President Pranab Mukherjee’s convoy fell into a gorge on Friday morning in Darjeeling in West Bengal.
The accident took place near Sonada region around 16 kilometres away from the district headquarters at around 1130 hours, police said.
President Pranab Mukherjee who was accompanied by West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee, were on the way to Bagdora on a three-day trip, escaped unhurt.
Injured were rushed to the hospital and six West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee got down from her car to coordinate the rescue operations.
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?
- Yogi Adityanath govt announces Rs 25,000 reward for info on Shrikant Tyagi
- PV Sindhu saunters to maiden individual Commonwealth Games gold, completes hat-trick of CWG medals
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water