DM Raj Shekhar assures Dayashankar arrest, BSP calls off Dharna
Lucknow: District Magistrate (DM) Raj Shekhar on Thursday assured that the expelled Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Dayashankar will be arrested within 36 hours. The Dharna, however, has been called off by BSP protesters.
As per sources, Dayashankar is likely to surrender before court.
Dayashankar’s cousin has been detained and is been questioned about the BJP leader’s whereabouts.
Earlier, Both Raj Shekhar and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui had talks regarding the issue after which the Dharna was postponed for the next 36 hours by the latter.
During Dharna, few protesters suffered burn injuries while torching effigy of Dayashankar.
Previously, Dayashankar had made a derogatory remark regarding BSP President and former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati.
Massive BSP show anticipated in Lucknow after Dayashankar slur
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?
- Yogi Adityanath govt announces Rs 25,000 reward for info on Shrikant Tyagi
- PV Sindhu saunters to maiden individual Commonwealth Games gold, completes hat-trick of CWG medals
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water