At least 15 killed, 25 injured in terror attack in Somali hotel
Mogadishu: At least 15 people were killed and 25 others were injured when gunmen stormed a hotel by detonating a car loaded with explosives at its gate in the capital of Somalia on Saturday, police said.
“A suicide-bomber blew himself inside the Naso Hablod hotel while gunmen stormed the building following the car explosion,” said Somali police Captain Aden Dahir and added, “police retaliated and engaged in a gunfight with the terrorists for several hours.”
- The Islamist militant group Al-Shabaab has claimed responsibility for the attack on its prime broadcaster, Radio Andalus.
- Most of the people killed and injured in the attack were civilians.
- The hotel is frequented by government officials, parliamentarians and security officials of Somalia.
You may also read: Hafiz Saeed rejoices on global market crash following Brexit
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?