Launched globally, Nokia 8 to be available in India in festive season
Helsinki: Finnish company HMD Global on Thursday launched its much-awaited flagship device Nokia 8 that will be available in India during the festival season.
The device boasts three industry-first features for Android smartphones, including a collaboration with ZEISS optics, Nokia 'OZO Audio' and 'Dual-Sight' mode.
Nokia 8 would be available at the global price of 599 euros ($705) through September, the company said in a statement.
"People are inspired by the content they consume. It's these people who have inspired us to craft a flagship smartphone which perfectly balances premium design, an outstanding experience and powerful performance," said Juho Sarvikas, Chief Product Officer of HMD Global.
Here are the specifications:
- Available in four colours -- polished blue, polished copper, tempered blue and steel.
- 4.6mm thin at the edge and 7.3mm slim on average.
- Device's unibody is made from 6000 series aluminium with select models featuring a high-gloss mirror finish.
- Enables its users livestream videos on social feeds such as Facebook and YouTube using its Dual-Sight feature that uses both the front and rear cameras simultaneously in a split screen visual for both photos and videos.
- The front and rear-facing cameras on the Nokia 8 have been co-developed with ZEISS optics for 'bothie'.
- Users also get unlimited photo and video uploads to Google Photos.
- First smartphone to feature Nokia OZO spatial 360 degrees audio that brings an immersive experience to 4K video.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chip
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 compatible for 3,090 mAh battery.
- Lightweight, water, sweat, and dust-proof premium Nokia 'Active Wireless Headset'.
- 4GB RAM and 64GB storage that can be extended up to 256GB.
- 5.3-inch IPS LCD QHD display and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- The primary camera has two lenses -- 13MP (Colour + OIS) and 13MP (Mono) with dual tone flash.
- The 13MP front facing camera has Phase-detection autofocus (PDAF).
- It could be mentioned that the another model of the Nokia series, Nokia 5 smartphone, already released in India, is available in retail stores at Rs 12,499 while Nokia 6 has received over one million registrations on Amazon.in and customers can buy the smartphone for Rs 14,999 from August 23.
You may also Read: MgCool Explore Pro – the action camera of the new Generation