WADA summons Indian wrestler Narsingh in doping controversy
New Delhi: World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) on Tuesday summoned the Indian wrestler Narsingh Yadav for hearing in the doping controversy. The world institution has appealed in the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) against the clean chit given to him.
What the Indian wrestling's governing body president Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh said?
- WADA has appealed against the CAS verdict on Narsingh
- The hearing will take place on August 18
- Narsingh will begin his RIO Olympics 2016 campaign on August 19
What is the case?
- Narsingh was tested positive for a banned steroid following a dope test on June 25
- National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) tested him positive in the dope test
- But NADA later gave clean chit to Narsingh