Tri-Series: South Africa beats Australia in a low-scorer
Guyana: Helped by some tremendous bowling performances, South Africa scripted their first win in the Cricket Tri-series by defeating Australia by 47 runs in a low scoring game at the Providence stadium here on Wednesday morning.
- Australian batsman Aaron Finch’s 72-run knock went in vain in front of formidable bowling attack of Protease.
- Rabada bagged three wickets while Tahir, Phangiso and Parnell picked 2-2 wickets each.
- Earlier, South African batsman Farhaan Behardien (62) helped team in reaching 189/5 in 50 overs.
- Hazlewood, Coulter-Nile and Maxwell took 2-2 wickets each for Australia.
- Behardien has been given Man of the Match for his fighting knock of 62 off 82 balls.
South Africa 189/9 in 50 Overs (Farhaan Behardien 62*, Hashim Amla 35; Glenn Maxwell 2-15, Josh Hazlewood 20-20)
Australia 142/10 in 50 overs (Aaron Finch 72, Nathan Lyon 30; Kagiso Rabada 3-13, Wayne Parnell 2-23)