Pak sees politics in Anurag Thakur’s statement on bilateral series
Karachi: Pakistan dubbed on Saturday Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) chief Anurag Thakur’s statement on matches with Pakistan, as "a political statement" . Thakur had disfavoured bilateral series with the neighbouring country.
- It has remained an upsetting moment for us as we have always tried to normalise Cricket ties.
- We need to keep sports and politics apart.
What former Pakistani batsman Mohammad Yousuf said:
- I am unable to get his points as they sounds pointless.
- Even when relations were better between both the nations, India did not play a bilateral series with us.
- BCCI head is making political statements despite International Cricket Council’s (ICC) condition of not tolerating government interference or politics in member of the boards.
- Anurag Thakur should decide first that either he will speak as a BJP leader or BCCI chief.