Pat Cummins yet to decide on whether to play in limited overs series against India
The limited-overs series is to be held in Sydney and Canberra ahead of the four-match Test series, beginning in Adelaide on December 17.
Australia pace spearhead Pat Cummins on Monday said he is yet to take a call on whether to play in the limited-overs series against India beginning November 27. Even though he is feeling fresh after spending three months inside bio-secure bubbles.
Cummins, who returned last week from the UAE where he turned up for Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League, has been hopping between bio-secure bubbles since touching down in England in late August but he allayed fears of fatigue.
“(I) haven’t made a final decision on that yet. (It’s) unprecedented times with so many people spending a large portion of time in these bubbles. So we’re going to keep all the conversations open, chat about that a bit closer to when we all get together,” Cummins said when asked about resting ahead of the Test summer.
“There’s always cricket on. So we’ll make sure we’re all open about that, having those conversations. ” said the 27-year-old during a video conference as reported by ‘cricket.com.au’
Cummins has been named in both the white and red-ball squads as vice-captain. The limited-overs series is to be held in Sydney and Canberra ahead of the four-match Test series. In addition, beginning in Adelaide on December 17.
Australia’s Test players in the white-ball squad, including Steve Smith and David Warner, will get only a week to prepare for the opening Test, a day-nighter in Adelaide.
The right-armer was in bio-bubbles in Southampton and Manchester on Australia’s white-ball tour of the UK before flying to the UAE for the IPL.
He is now in Sydney spending 14 days quarantining. He will join the squad on November 27, the day of the opening one-dayer at the SCG.