IndvsNZ, 4th ODI: More about MS Dhoni’s den JSCA stadium, Ranchi
Ranchi: The 4th ODI becomes more crucial for both India and New Zealand as former will focus to seal the five-match series with a win while for latter it will be a do or die game. With MS Dhoni roaring with the bat, the equation becomes even more interesting as it will be his home town of Ranchi where Men in Blue will play Black Caps at JSCA stadium here on Wednesday.
The ground has remained lucky for the Indian Cricket team as in the three matches being played here India has won two with one match being spoiled by rain.
It will be interesting to see how skipper Dhoni uses man with golden arms, Kedar Jadhav in the 4th ODI. The game will have full ingredients of a cracker as both teams will come with full elements.
The three matches:
- India vs England (ODI), October 2012: India thumped England by seven wickets
- India vs Australia (ODI), October 2013: No result
- India vs Sri Lanka (T20), February 2016: India surpassed Sri Lanka by 69 runs.
About JSCA stadium:
- Having a capacity of 40,000, JSCA will host the third Test match of IndvsAus in March, 2017.
- The venue has also hosted several domestic games including IPL matches.
- Highest total: 295/8 in 50 overs (Australia vs India, 2013)
- Lowest total: 155 in 42.2 overs (England vs India, 2013)
- Highest score: 139* - Virat Kohli & Angelo Mathews (India vs Sri Lanka, 2014)
- Best bowling: 4/73 - Ajantha Mendis (Sri Lanka vs India, 2014)
- Highest partnership: 153 for 5th wicket - George Bailey, Glenn Maxwell (Australia vs India, 2013)
- Most runs: 216 in 3 ODIs - Virat Kohli
- Most wickets: 6 in 3 ODIs - R Ashwin