Rio 2016: India men’s hockey progresses for quarter finals after 36 years
Rio de Jenairo: The Indian men’s hockey team cruised into the quarter finals for the first time after 1980 Moscow Games on Thursday even after facing a defeat by Netherlands.
Netherlands defeated India by 2-1 in the fourth group match of the ongoing Rio Olympics on Thursday.
- The Indian team is at third spot in the standings with six points.
- Netherlands is at the first place while Germany is on the second place.
- No goal was penetrated in the first half in the match.
- India missed five penalty corner chances to draw level.
- Indian goalkeeper and Captain PR Sreejesh saved several attempted shots.
- Netherlands took a lead in the second half.
- The first game for Dutch came in 32nd minute and was hit by Rogier Hofman.
- VR Raghunath hit the first goal for India in the 38th
- Netherlands made the another goal in the last few minute.