Shivpal to form new party after UP polls, discards SP-Cong alliance
Etawah: Revealing his heart out after filing the nomination for Jaswant Nagar constituency in Uttar Pradesh assembly elections 2017, senior Samajwadi Party leader Shivpal Yadav on Tuesday said that he will form his own party after the Poll Results.
Addressing a gathering here, Shivpal Yadav said, "Whatever we are today, it is because of Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav). Currently, I have filed my nomination from SP, but will form a new party after the UP election results are announced."
The senior SP leader was sidelined from the party leadership after a tiff with Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, said he remained undeterred by the turn of events but felt sad about the current state of affairs. He, however, made it clear that he had no qualms about campaigning for anyone of Samajwadi Party if asked.
It may be mentioned that Mulayam Singh Yadav has denied to campaign for the Samajwadi Party and Congress alliance in the UP Polls 2017.
What else Shivpal said?
- I am grateful to have been given SP ticket though some of my well wishers suggested me against it.
- Had I not given the ticket, I would have contested as an independent candidate.
- There are many leaders in the party who believe that Samajwadi Party exists due to Mulayam Singh Yadav.
- It is unfortunate that same leaders have disrespected Mulayam.
- I want to ask people if there was there any problem in the functioning of the departments owned by me in the past 5 years?
- I was just protesting what I found wrong in the party. Neta ji had expelled me then.
- I cannot tolerate Mulayam Singh's disrespect.
- Take away anything from me but I will keep supporting Neta Ji till my last breath.
SP- Congress alliance was uncalled for
- Shivpal did not mince words while denouncing the SP-Congress alliance.
- It would not benefit the SP as much as it would be helpful to the beleaguered Congress in UP.
- SP could have made it on its own.
- I feel sad more so because we have managed to keep the party afloat under the most trying period.
- Six months ago, the Congress was not in position to win even four assembly seats in UP.
- The SP has given a fresh lease of life to the Congress by forging a pre-poll alliance.
Jaswant Nagar is going to polls in third phase on February 19, while the results will be announced on March 11.