Second 'UP NRI Day' celebrations from January 4 next year
Lucknow: In order to step up NRIs participation in development of the state, Uttar Pradesh capital of Lucknow is going to host 'UP Prawasi Diawas (UP NRI Day)' from January 4 to 6 next year.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has given go ahead to the event which will have huge participation of Non Resident Indians from Uttar Pradesh.
Search for Partner:
- The principal secretary of NRI department of Up will head a selection committee to choose the partner of the state government for the event.
- The partner will be slected among various industrial institutions, FICCI, PHD Chambers of Commerce, CII and ASSOCHAM.
- Special secretary of NRI department will be the member convenor of the selections committee with princiapl secretaries of Finance, Toursim, Information, Planning, Culture, Infrastructure and Industrial Development, Micro, small, Medium and Export Promotion beside Managing Director of UP Finance Corporation as its members.
NRI from various countries:
- The NRIs of Uttar Pradesh origin from various countries will be invited.
- The 1st 'UP NRI Day' celebrations had taken place in Agra on the same dates last year.
- They will be requested to impart their resources for development of their native state.