Enthusiastic supporters turn PM Narendra Modi silent in Jaunpur
Jaunpur: Prime Minister Narendra Modi was not allowed to speak for several minutes in Jaunpur on Saturday when over enthusiastic supporters indulged in vociferous slogan shouting disrupting his speech for about 15 minutes.
It was an arduous task for PM himself to calm down a sizeable crowd to stop them from chanting 'Modi-Modi'. In fact Modi lost his cool but smilingly as he was not being able to speak amid deafening noise gathered at the venue to hear him.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was in the district to campaign for the Bharatiya Janata Party for last phase of elections, tried to speak several times but had to turn quite after uttering few words. Finally, he was through to his speech after several attempts while the event was delayed by about 15 minutes.
He, however, chose to divert his irritation and utilise it while attacking opposition parties during his speech.
The PM attacked Samajwadi government over absconding SP leader Gayatri Prasad Prajapati, 'Kaam versus Karnama Bolta hai' and other issues, and also took a dig at Rahul Gnadhi asking him to ride the Samajwadi 'cycle' along with the UP CM on Jaunpur roads to know the reality of works done by the SP government.
Here is what he said:
- For 40 years our forces demanded One Rank One Pension (OROP) but nothing happened. I had promised that our BJP government will deliver on OROP and we did.
- It is unfortunate for the nation that some people have politicise issues of national security. Those who question surgical strikes, come to Jaunpur and ask the families of martyrs.
- They got angry when I said 'Karname are speaking and not Kaam', so I decided to verify again by searching on the UP government's websites.
- After I spoke about the Uttar Pradesh government website and highlighted the information regarding failures of the Akhilesh government, they removed those pages from the site.
- The UP website clearly shows what their 'Karnamas' are and that is why they have removed that content from the website.
- Loans of small farmers will be waived off in the first cabinet meeting after BJP comes to power in UP.
- The Govt of India is providing resources to feed the poor but the UP Govt is showing no keenness to make use of them.
- Why should police stations function like SP offices and why should jails be palaces for gangsters? UP does not deserve this.
- We are so proud of our forces. Surgical strike was done after elaborate planning & is being talked about worldwide
- People recite the 'Gayatri Mantra' but the SP and Congress know the 'Gayatri Prajapati Mantra' rather well.
- BJP wants every village to get electricity. They want only a few villages, from where they belong, to get electricity.
In next slide: Video of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's speech...